Monday, March 23, 2009

Comparisons @ 7 Months

Wow time sure does bring about change! I had no idea how different my hair looks now compared to when it was first done. I thought just more of the same was going on, but as you can see I have ton's of growth, thickness & density. I love my hair!
Today was the first time I washed my hair without braiding & banding. Boy did I feel liberated! I washed with the Oyin Grand Poo Bar & oiled my scalp with a six oil mixture from my loctician and let it air dry. I was a little apprehensive at first but it went well, as far as I can see there's no slippage at all. Of course I got permission beforehand. Now I'm anxious to color & condition but I'm going to wait until closer to my birthday.

I am starting to experiment more with pinning my hair up, I know it'll be a while before I will be able to wear my hair in the famous pineapple, but I'm looking forward to it. I decided to try & see if I could pull it up into a ponytail & voila! I did it, see! I know it's a bit small but I thought it was cute enough to workout in. LOL

I am looking forward to celebrating being loc'd for one year. Heck, I may even have a party! I LOVE MY HAIR! I think I better start planning now because time is really flying by, but first I have to get my daughter's graduation/birthday party planned out first. Man I can't believe my only baby is graduating high school & will be leaving me soon to go to college. She's planning on going out to Cali to attend school. I won't cry yet, I'll be strong. LOL

No comments: