Saturday, January 3, 2009

Money Scams

I'd like to wish everyone a very happy new year. Tonight I was going to write about resolutions because we all have them at the beginning of the year but as I was opening and reading my email tonight I received an email about inheriting 2 million dollars. This is not the first email of this sort that I've received. It's like the 4th or 5th one. Usually I just delete them but this time I decided to open it & read it. It's really sad that some people really fall for this or either they are just desperate for money & go for it in hopes that they won't get caught. Well I knew just from reading the title of the email that it was a scam. Secondly, this is supposedly a woman in London who is "Christian" and doesn't want to leave her money to her family because they are not & she wants someone to use the money for good. Well, I don't know anybody in London. Then it goes on to say she doesn't speak much because she's ill so to correspond by email only. Ok I just fell off the turnip truck I guess because why would you want to give somebody, a stranger, 2 million dollars & not talk to them or meet them to make sure they would do something positive with this money. And if it's legit why not just give it to a charity then if your family are such heathens?
Has anyone else received such nonsense? These don't even show up in the spam they are coming through into my regular mail. I received one before this & it said I had money coming from a rich relative who died in a plane crash! Ok I don't have any rich relatives & don't you think if someone in my family died on a plane that I would have known about it?
Ok I'm done ranting now. I just wanted to share the nonsense that I've been reading.

God Bless & Have a prosperous New Year!

5 comments:

hotredsly said...

lol,I get stuff like that all the time too girl,crazy

Naturally Sophia said...

Happy New Year! Yes, people will try to scam at every turn. One person asked me for money and offered to give me change back. Ha!

BTW, I love your locks (colour especially)and very cute hair tie.

Anonymous said...

I receive the same emails and just hit delete. Sadly, there are people who fall for them...

Happy New Year!!!

NubianLockedPrincess said...

People are a trip! What some people will go through to get other people`s money!

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Yep, been there done that.I have an American friend who gets them from 'Christian ministries' and always asks if i've heard of them.Even if they were, how would I know about ministries in Ghana, Nigeria etc? LOL