Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!



Happy Birthday daddy! I know you are throwing your own birthday party in heaven with the best in attendance, Jesus Christ.

I just wanted to post in honor of my dad today. Many who know me know that I was the ultimate DADDY'S GIRL!!! When I was 6 years old my mom passed away & my parents were divorced. Some of my family members thought they were gonna take on the responsiblity of taking care of me because my dad had gotten sick a few months after my mom passed. He lost his kidney's due to pneumonia from a trucking accident.
My dad said NO!! That's my girl & I'm gonna raise her. It even got to the point that someone in my family asked me who I wanted to live with. Well I guess you all know the answer to that. So yes my dad raised me on his own & eventually remarried. I grew up in a loving home with my dad & step-mom. You talking about spoiled that was me!

Here are a few things that I miss most about my dad.

My dad was the human encyclopaedia to me. I could ask him anything & he could give me the answer. And guess what he would be right! LOL

I miss my dad sending me text messages telling me what he cooked for the day & what time it would be ready. Or letting me know that Ludie(my dog) was looking for me. Some of the family was amazed that he used texting on his phone & he let them know that as soon as he could upgrade his phone he wanted one with a qwerty keyboard. LOL

My dad was the ultimate man's man. He could fix anything. I mean as simple as screwing back a missing screw to rewiring an entire house. Are there any men out here like that today? Oh and he was the best cook & baker in the world. He could lay out the fanciest spread to the simplest but he did it all with flair. And his cakes oh my goodness they were so moist & the buttercreme frosting would just melt in your mouth.

Happy Birthday daddy. May you rest in peace, in Jesus arms.

9/10/33 - 1/14/09

3 comments:

JUST Euphoria said...

Sorry about your loss I wish me & my father were closer.

new2locs said...

@Euphoria I'm sorry to hear that you aren't close with your dad, my hope for you today is that you build that relationship. Pray and ask God for the guidance to build it.
Be Blessed

Unknown said...

How beautiful is the love between a daddy and his daughter? So glad he was able to be there and be the best dad for you and that you appreciate it! Glad you were able to have some very fond memories and share it with us! Be Blessed!