Tuesday, November 25, 2008

3 Months Loc'd

It's been a minute since I've posted so here we go. My hair has been locked 3 months today . My hair is doing great things by the way. I have lots of balls and matting on the ends of my hair. I also have major shrinkage now I can't even put it up in a ponytail anymore. I had my second retightening about two weeks ago. Currently I'm washing my hair with Oyin's Grand Poo Bar which I really like and I give myself a hot oil treatment after washing. When I do the hot oil treatment I take a swab and oil my scalp in the parts then I heat a damp towel as hot as I can stand it & wrap it around my head. I leave the towel on until it cools. This seems to help a bit with the dry scalp.

Here are some pics of my hair at three months. I thought about doing comparison shots from the beginning but I figured I'll wait. My hair in these shots was rolled damp with softspike curlers and Oyin Shine & Define.

As you can see on the last picture that my top is still a little on the thin side but not nearly as bad as when it was first done. I am really happy with how my hair is transitioning through the phases. I can't say that my hair is always cute but it's getting there!

The store is open now we are still working on the graphics for the store but there are items for sale. Check back often because we are still adding items! Here's the link. http://sheabrojaes.etsy.com/

2 comments:

Noneofyourbeeswacks said...

Your locs are so pretty. Whats the name of the color you put in your hair? I want to color my sl's sooooo bad, but its not all loc'd yet *sigh*.

new2locs said...

I used Loreal for Dark Hair's Sizzling Copper but I dyed it before I got locked. It's a permanent dye so I'm not so sure I'll be able to continue using it now. I've been using this color for 3 years, hopefully I'll be able to use something close to it in a semi-permanent or rinse since I've been hearing horror stories with color & locks.