Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Shrinkage & Headbands

As you know my loctician is creative and talented. I went in to see her Monday and today to get things updated on the etsy site. When I got there she had created headbands/ponytail holders out of clay. She shaped the clay drew the design & hand painted them can you say beautiful! Oh these items are gorgeous. Here's one here that I have in my hair. It will be featured on Etsy with earrings to go with. I wanted you all to be the first to see it http://sheabrojaes.etsy.com/. I wish I had enough hair to wear this as a ponytail holder I think it would be really pretty adorning a large thick ponytail ful of locs but I have too much shrinkage and my hair hasn't grown out enough.

Janela my loctician told me today that my hair is STILL shrinking! When I got my loc's in
August they were to my neckline near my shoulders, my hair is now at the ear & she tells me it may shrink more. See comparison's here. The first pic is the first day I got my hair loc'd and the 2nd pic is during month 3.


Also let me tell you I still have curls in my hair since last post. If you haven't read the previous post I rolled my hair with Soft Spikes and Oyin Shine & Define. I haven't done anything special to it to keep the curls from falling out. I pull my hair back at night & put on my sleeping cap which normally falls off at night.
I have to say that this is the best move I've made getting loc's. Yes there's maintenance but what hairstyle doesn't. No matter what type of hair you have you're going to have to do something to it to maintain it.


Let me be the 1millionth person to say I LOVE MY LOC'S!!!!!

12 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

That's what I tell myself when I'm still re-tightening my hair after 2 evenings-every hair'style' needs maintenance. Glad you don't regret it!

Earth Mother Guidance said...

Beautiful hair and beautiful adornment. I would like to know about shipping and bulk ordering. Her work is breathtaking.

Earth Mother Guidance said...

Okay, I need help. How do I find her stuff on the site? Help a sister out. I have never been to that site before.

new2locs said...

***Thandi*** Thanks & no I don't regret it at all!
***Charlotte*** The link to her etsy site is at the bottom of my blog the site is sheabrojaes.etsy.com. Right now shipping is $3.50 & I believe .50 cent for each additional item. I'm sure she's willing to work with you as far as bulk ordering & shipping. Also she's doing a sale starting tomorrow. Buy any 2 items & get the third item free & shipping's free on the 3rd item as well. It won't be posted until tomorrow though. I'm sure you'll find something to your liking there.

Ms. L said...

Your locs are truly looking very nice. What a difference in 3 months..Looking good...By the way, what hair color are you wearing?

new2locs said...

Thanks Ms. L! The hair color that I'm using is a permanent color from Loreal. It's Loreal for dark hair. It's either Copper Red or Sizzling Copper. I haven't colored in three months so I don't remember which one.

Dredfoxx said...

Your locs are coming along nicely! I love the hair adornments your loctician does! Beautiful!

Ezme said...

I ADORE that hair jewelery. Simply gorgeous, just like ur locs!!

Anonymous said...

Your loctician is sooo talented!!!!

Your locks are looking lovely! I know the last thing you want is shrinkage but your locks are thickening up and coming into their own...

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Your locks are looking good, love the jewerly!

Unknown said...

Beautiful loc! My question are your locks started with braids?

new2locs said...

Thanks for all of the nice comments. Vernessie my locks were started with a latch hook & interlocked in a pattern similar to sisterlocks.