Tuesday, February 10, 2009

5 1/2 Months



I promised an update on my hair so here it is. What I notice about my hair now is that it's more dense. My ends are very curly now, there are some balls on the ends but none of them are closed yet. Here are a few pics before I was retightened last week Thursday.

I washed my hair two days before with Oyin's Uber Poo Bar.Of course I did the dreaded braid & band routine. After washing I towel dried my hair then I used an oil that was mixed by my loctician. It has 6 oils in it, what they are I don't know, I only know it has tea tree oil in it to help with the itch. Then I took the bands out and rolled the ends of the braids on Soft Spikes. I got a really nice look after it dried. It was really nice & full, but after she tightened it I lost some of the body but it still looked nice. Here are some pics from today. My hair is pinned in the top. I can't use a hair tie yet, which by the way I have learned how to make.

Right now I am this close to coloring my hair! I can't stand this doggone halo I have in the front of my head. I know, I know I'm getting older but no one else has to know! Angel Loc's did her's and she let me know just how she did it, so I am seriously contemplating it. I'm trying my darndest to hold out but it's hard. It's been almost six months with no color and I'm a coloring sister let me tell you! The first sign of gray when I was a loose natural & I had the dye bottle & the gloves out. Armed & ready to fight the gray. Hopefully I can wait til it get's closer to my birthday I'll be 11 months locked then.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Nubian1 said...

Dont get me started on the grey thing girl!

Angel bowed to the pressure inside...am this close to doing it...but then i say to my self 'i'll be 5months locked next week, you've come this far so hold on a little longer'

Most days am okay and just go with the flow and others am not.

Ce la vie!