Thursday, February 26, 2009

6 Months

I'm 6 months locked today! Boy does time fly when you don't have to do anything to your hair but enjoy it! What is a comb? Well I don't know or care anymore. I haven't been doing anything special to my hair so I figured I would try to do some type of pin-up. Well I only got as far as pinning the top but I thought it was sort of cute. I don't have much talent when it comes to styling my own hair.Right now it's crinkly & curly. I braided & banded it to wash, towel dried my hair, took the bands out, oiled my scalp, then rolled the ends with soft spikes. I left them in until the next day to make sure it was dry & Walla(sp?) LOL

I'm still learning how to use my camera thus you see the difference in how the pics are turning out. My daughter turned the flash off for me that's why the back photo looks different. It's actually the best picture in the bunch. I would have taken more but decided not to. I suppose as I continue to post my pictures will get better, so just bare with these for now. ;-)

I ordered a new shampoo bar from Oyin & it arrived today. They've changed their packaging. It used to come in a nice reusable plastic container now it comes wrapped in saran with paper on top. I assume this is more cost effective for them so I guess that means I'll have to save the container from my other bar!

I really love this shampoo, I've been using it for three years. It takes a bit to get lathered up but I like how it makes my hair feel squeaky clean when I'm all done washing. Although they've changed their packaging I'll continue to use it.

I can't wait until I can continue using their other products. They're all in my bathroom just waiting for me to pull them out. I love their conditioner (Honey Hemp Conditioner) it has such a nice smell to it. I know I have a bit longer before I can condition though.

4 comments:

Nubian1 said...

Coming along nicely!

NubianLockedPrincess said...

beautiful! Your locs are progressing nicely!

new2locs said...

Thanks ladies!

Unknown said...

Happy 6 months! Your locks look phenomenal. I love this style by the way. :D