Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Furniture Update

Two days after my first post about the chair my salesman returned my call. I told him what my concerns were about the chair & that overall I was not happy with it. He informs me that he would have to contact the manufacturer of the chair & see what they would like to do. Well first off I didn't buy the chair from the manufacturer I bought it from him, so I tell him I'm a little concerned because of this. If I gave You my money why are we talking to the manufacturer? He goes on to explain to me that different furniture manufacturer's rent space on their floor, yada, yada, yada. He is by the way being very nice about it but I didn't care, I don't want this chair & what are you gonna do about it? I didn't get jazzy with him though, I told myself to be nice because I want my money back or another chair! So I accept what he says & he let's me know that he'll be back in touch by Monday.

Well he kept his word & called back yesterday evening. He told me we can return the chair & we can get another one for equal or lesser value. I'm happy about that but there's one negative. I have to pay a restocking fee of $125.00

We went back to the store that Friday with the chair. I failed to mention that we had to travel about 45 minutes to pick up the chair to avoid paying their $85 delivery fee. Back to what I was saying, we went back to the store & did not see anything in the store that we wanted to take home. So we ended up doing another special order chair. This time though the salesman did some measuring of a chair that we tried out that would be big enough but the style was all wrong. So he compared those measurements to the chair that we saw in the book that we liked. So now we're waiting another month to get this chair that we'll have to travel another 45 minutes to pick up. Hopefully this time we got it right.
The lesson I've learned in this though is that I will not be doing any more special ordering of furniture. To much of a hassle.

1 comment:

Colton said...

It is not easy to choose new home furniture... Thanks for Home Depot... It gives me many options!!