Friday, October 31, 2008

Trapped Wind?

This may be a bit personal but I just had to blog about it. Monday morning I woke up with a back ache so bad in my lower back where you bend that I could hardly get out of bed. The pain persisted for the entire week. I waited all the way until Thursday to decide to call the dr. Now it gets a little personal, it may be t.m.i. for some people.

I began to burp alot & as the burping continued the pain in my back started easing up. I began surfing the net about back pain & gas and came across an article about trapped wind. It was very informative about natural remedies to try to eleviate the pain. It mentioned fresh ginger or ginger tea, also peppermint tea. Well instead of calling the dr. I went to the health food store and purchased some ginger tea & some ginger that was cubed & coated with a little sugar. I asked the store clerk if she'd ever heard of such a thing and she told me that the chinese call it trapped wind and that they are very informative about the things that go on in the body & how to remedy them with natural herbs.

Well needless to say I took my purchases home & ate a few pieces of ginger & I drank the herbal tea before I went to bed. I woke up this morning and the pain went from my back but was in my left hip but it was less intense. I can say as the day progressed without being to gross that the wind is not trapped anymore. LOL

I know you're wondering, why did she write about this? I wrote about it because I've found that it's not a very popular thing & alot of people don't know about it. So if all of a sudden you have an unexplainable pain just consider that it may be trapped wind. LOL
Also I'm not one to take medicine so to learn that something like ginger can help your digestive system is information enough.



Peace.

4 comments:

The Real Nique said...

I am glad you posted this! I had an embarrasing situation one time and the pain was so bad it almost immobilized me. I took some gas x or something like that, but I can't even describe how painful it was. It's good to know b/c I can just incorporate some of these natural things in my diet to avoid it. Thanks!

new2locs said...

You're welcome! I'm glad you left a comment because my husband thought I was crazy for posting such a topic. I told him this just may help somebody! He thinks I'm crazy for blogging anyway. So forget him! LOL

Anonymous said...

After I had stomach surgery I was left with gas pockets, the pain alone was enough to make me scream. If I would have known then what I just read from your article I would have been popping ginger and drinking tea....I think my mom ending up giving me Gas-X too....LOL!

I don't think you could ever post tmi on your own blog and thanks for sharing this!

Titus 2 Thandi said...

I agree-never TMI!!I have had this same problem a few times, I think cos of my gluten intolerance and reacting to it. Now I know how to handle it!Thanks.