Sunday, October 12, 2008

We're Back!

We're back! We had a wonderful week in St. Thomas V.I. we relaxed by the pool most days, but we did do a few activities as you can see from the pics. We didn't do much shopping this year.

On Thursday we went on these underwater scooters! Did I tell you that I don't know how to swim? LOL I got up enough courage to get in the water & ride this thing. At first I was excited when I got in it. I couldn't believe that lil ol' me actually got up enough courage to do this. To explain a little about it, it's like riding a scooter underwater. Your head is in this bubble out of the water. They have oxygen going into the bubble. Well I have to tell you that after I got in there I kept trying to convince myself to get my breathing under control, all the while at the same time I'm excited because I can see sea turtles & all sorts of fish. Well it seems like the more I tried to convince myself to get my breathing under control the more I began to hyper ventilate! They teach you hand signal's to show if you're okay or not. Can I tell you I was waving my hand like a crazy fool to get me out of there! They lined us up to take pictures so I probably look like a rabid fool in the pictures. Stay tuned I'll be posting those at a later date.

The last day on the island we went to Coki Beach & hung out. Randy, Michael & Sandy snorkeled while I hung out on the beach. You can see I met a new friend on the beach she's a cutie isn't she? She's only 2 & she was quite a ham in front of the camera.

As for my hair I got it wet quite a bit & had to wash it a few times. It held up fine, no slippage yet! I would have liked to get more pics of my hair or myself for that matter but noone seemed to be able to work my camera, which is on my phone! LOL So I took a few of myself but you really can't see my hair that good because I really wasn't focusing on it.

Well it's good to be back home I just wish I didn't have to go back to work tomorrow!
Stay tuned for more pics from the trip.


How could I forget to mention this very nice night spot we went to called Havana Blue. The atmosphere was laid back, nice. The food was terrific. Randy & Michael sat & smoked cuban cigars. It was a great night, very expensive though.

No comments: